5x5 Squat
Top weight was 245. Should have hit 260 definitely. Mental game was bugging me for some reason :
1.when I was hitting the bottom of the squat I wasn't activating the adductors.
2. I kept missing the squat on the way up after 3 reps. It felt like the squat was being mostly powered by the quads, lacking involvement from the hamstrings and proper hip drive.
3. I made the enormous mistake of lifting in front of a mirror, because I was squatting with GD and didn't turn the rack around. That's not happening again.
On Monday I'll be squatting a 5RM in a squats of 5x5 (sets across) and hitting 260 lbs.
It's difficult to measure the amount of protein/fats/carbs I'm taking in right now, but I'll be trying to track it better from now on.
Jason: If you're reading over this I highly recommend eating .7xyourbodyweight in grams of protein each day. So if you weighed 200 lbs you would eat at least 140 g of protein. Also, drink lots of milk. Milk is amazing for recovery.
Daily WOD:
Five rounds for total reps of:
135 pound Thrusters, 15 seconds
Rest 45 Seconds
50 pound Weighted pull-ups, 15 seconds
Rest 45 Seconds
Burpees, 15 seconds
Rest 45 Seconds
Rest 45 Seconds
50 pound Weighted pull-ups, 15 seconds
Rest 45 Seconds
Burpees, 15 seconds
Rest 45 Seconds
Thrusters 6/5/5/4/3=23
Weighted Pull-ups 3/2/2/1/1=9
Burpees 6/6/6/6/6=30
Total=62
This WOD was rough strength wise, but pretty easy mentally.
No comments:
Post a Comment