(23JUL2010)
2 mile light run to the lake - this was for fun and I really needed it to stretch out my legs. I haven't run in so long, that I was smoked from the 400m run/burpee WOD
SWOD: skipped it b/c
1. I was working with a Guy named Rich Roslund, helping him clean up his deadlift. It was really nice, because he had already done some work on it so all I had to do was say, "Start with the bar over the middle of your foot. Hips above the knees. Chest out. PULL!"
AND he got it! I had him do
8 minutes of 3 Deadlifts @ 185
7 Burpees
He went through with it and thought it was pretty cool. He also asked if I needed a lifting partner. The funniest part about it all though is talking to him sounded like a future CrossFit testimonial.
Here are a few things he said...
(paraphrased)
-I'm really tired of doing the same routine every week
-Yeah! It'd be awesome if I could get stronger without getting heavier
AND OF COURSE THE INFAMOUS:
I'll definitely start working this into my routine (this is usually said right before a guy/gal truly gets hooked on CF...yes, thank you for calling me a faggot Wilson.)
Hopefully we can pull this guy and Kayla Heller's boyfriend Graeme Port (soccer player) onboard with CF or CFFB.
ALSO, Jason Neal should quit his job or at the very least stop teaching people lifts. Every lifter of his I have seen has bad form...maybe I'll send him a link to starting strength.
2. I'm doing deadlifts today 5x5 for SEALFit and decided to stick with that b/c yesterday was just a 21-15-9 metcon that would've taken ~6-10 minutes anyways
WOD: Every minute on the minute perform three (3) 135 lb Clean and Jerks
1-5:3 reps
6. 2 REPS-5 burpee penalty
7&8: 3 reps
Well...that LOOKED easy.
Fortune Favors the Bold.
Do Epic Shit.
Love,
Lyons
No comments:
Post a Comment